TRU HISTORY: STEP INTO THE STORY
Current Museum Hours: Monday through Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm; Sunday Noon – 5 pm
Holiday Hours: The Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum will be closed December 25-26, 2022 and January 1-2, 2023.
Winter Museum Hours: Monday through Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm; Closed Sunday (January – March)
Museum admission is $12 with discounts for seniors, students, veterans and active members of the U.S. military. Admission is free for members and children 12 and younger.
Enjoy Unlimited Free Admission
There’s so much to explore, you’ll want to return again and again – and share the award-winning Museum experience with others! Annual memberships start at just $35, and benefits include free admission at ALL presidential libraries operated by the National Archives. Join today and visit FREE for an entire year!
TRU HISTORY FOR THE FUTURE
The Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum has not just been renovated but entirely reimagined. Visitors can expect a cinematic experience of some of the most dramatic chapters of world history. Museum highlights include:
- Immersive sound-and-light theaters with you-are-there experiences of WWI, WWII, the Cold War and the Korean War
- 14-foot interactive globe exploring the hard problems of peace following WWII
- Expanded insight on Truman’s leadership on Civil Rights and the recognition of Israel
- Fresh perspective on Truman’s family, including Bess Truman’s role as advisor and confidante
- Loyalty Review Board role-playing game where players uncover government disloyalty during the Red Scare
- Increased storytelling and never-before seen artifacts from the Korean War
“At its heart, the Truman Library is an educational institution,” said Truman Library Director Kurt Graham. “And we are so thrilled to be able to offer a 21st century experience and interpretation of one of the great proponents of American democracy. This renovation is worthy of our 33rd President. The world needs to know this story, and now we’re ready to tell it.”